Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Furniture Fascination!


Hello everyone!

We hope you are all having a wonderfully sunny Sunday! As some of you may have learned from our recent Facebook posts and newsletter emails, the Davis & Blevins Gallery has recently acquired some wonderful furniture pieces from the very talented Doug Ricketts. Each one of these pieces has inspired in me a deep loathing of the utter lack of floorspace in my tiny apartment, so, alas, I find myself beholden upon all of you to remove these temptations from my sight! Two pieces in particular have caught my jealous eye:

This piece seems to be so versatile in my mind. It could serve as a buffet in your dining room, the entertainment center in your living room, or as the perfect table in your entryway. So many beautiful options!
Dreyfoos Entertainment Console
Doug Ricketts
Wood, blackened steel, milk pain, salvaged security glass, hay dump-rake pick up rods and hardware
30 1/4" h x 72" w x 22 1/2" d
$4,200

Maybe it's just me, but isn't this piece screaming for an old fashioned telephone? While I see this as the perfect telephone table, it could also serve as a great place to put on your shoes before you head out the door. 
Caprock Canyon Bench II
Doug Ricketts
Red Oak, steel, Baltic birch plywood
27 1/4" h x 37 1/2" w x 16" d
$1,850

Please make sure you come by soon to see these, and other, excellent pieces by Doug Ricketts!

Until Next Time,

The Davis & Blevins Gallery Team

No comments:

Post a Comment