Sunday, March 3, 2013

Our New Space!

Happy Monday!

As you kick off this week, remember that someone you know (maybe even you!) is about to be on Spring Break! Isn't that a beautiful feeling? Anyway, our Valentine's Day weekend debut of the new space and new show went fabulously! Thank you to everyone who came out and helped us celebrate this big milestone for Davis & Blevins. If you haven't had the opportunity to partake of the beauty, we strongly encourage you to come by and see us! Anywho, until you can get there in person, here are a few photos from the event:

 Two of Carly Allen-Martin's pieces in the new space.


 One of our fabulous ads created by none other than John and Donna's daughter, Katie Small, and her graphic design company, Little Bee Creative. 
(Sometimes it seems the amount of talent in that family shouldn't be legal!)


 Gallery artist Lynne Hubner with owner/artist Donna standing in front of Hubner's work at the opening reception.


"I am attracted to the narrative capacity of abstract painting. Each of these paintings represents a complex character playing an autonomous role in the narration of my work. Every piece is a discussion directed at the viewer through the careful placement of line and juxtapositions of color. I am fascinated with the role every element plays in the integrity and character of a painting. The way a lyrical line insinuates a lightness of character or a harsh mark making insinuates a sense of grit is fascinating to me. The more I paint the more entranced I become with the complexity of color. To me, color is more infinite and imperious than any other form of communication. It is what moves me and contests me. Much like my interpretation of color, I want my work to be a constantly unfolding story that remains simultaneously delicate and commanding." 
-Carly Allen-Martin on her work

Once again, we really encourage you to head on over to the Davis & Blevins Gallery to check out our new space and the wonderful art that fills it. 

Until Next Time,

The Davis & Blevins Gallery Team

No comments:

Post a Comment